Homemade Granola (Dairy, Egg, Nut free)
I've been wanting to create a SAFE granola recipe for our family since Emma's food diagnosis and I'm so proud to share this one with you! I make this every Sunday afternoon & store it in an airtight container for the week. It's a much healthier option than cereal and our whole family enjoys it with some plain coconut yogurt (I add a little maple syrup), banana and I will even throw some hemp seeds on top for some added nutrition. This is a recipe we couldn't live without!!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Shredded coconut
- 5-6 Tbsp Dairy-free butter (We love Earth's butter)
- 1-2 tsp Honey
- Splash of Vanilla
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon(or more!)
- Any extra toppings you want to toss in: raisins, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds etc.
- Preheat the oven to 250*. While oven is preheating mix these dry ingredients in a large bowl: oats, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the dairy-free butter and honey until melted. Add a splash or two of vanilla and stir.
- Pour the dairy-free butter mixture over your dry ingredients, spread over parchment paper lined pan and pop in the oven for an hour and 15-20 minutes.
- After the granola is finished feel free to mix in whatever you like! We love adding raisins into ours :)