Dairy-free Goldfish (Free of dairy, eggs, all nuts, soy)
Since my daughter can't have dairy, goldfish are out of the question for her and it seems like she's surrounded by them ALL the time. It was honestly breaking my heart and that's when I decided it was time to make some safe and dairy-free ones that she can enjoy! I am happy to report that not only did she OBSESS over these, my four year old non food-allergy kiddo loved them too! Can I get a hallelujah?! I will say.... this recipe was easy, but a tad time consuming cutting out all the fish. That's why it's important to get those kids involved! It's like cutting out play dough :) OH, and if you're wondering where I got the adorable fish cutter, I will link it over on my "favorites" page!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Cup flour
- 4 Tbsp dairy-free butter (We used Earth's Balance)
- 1 Cup dairy-free grated cheese (We used SoDelicous cheddar)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, butter and salt to your mixer or food processor (I used my mixer and it turned out fine! There were larger chunks of cheese in it, but it didn't affect the taste or consistency). Mix on low-medium speed until it resembles coarse meal. Add the grated cheese slowly and mix.
- Add water, slowly and one tablespoon at a time, until your dough forms into a ball.
- Flatten on a piece of parchment paper and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge, and finish rolling the dough out until it is around 1/8 of an inch of thickness.
- Use your goldfish cutter and begin cutting them out and placing on a lined baking pan. Don't forget to spray the pan first! (Once you run out of room for your fish molds, just ball up the dough again and roll it back out. Will need to repeat this process several times.)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your crackers. Take out when they are just beginning to brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
You can store this in an airtight container in your pantry for up to a week!