SunButter Cups (Free of the Top 8 Allergens!)
When Emma was diagnosed with her MANY food allergies, I thought I would have to say goodbye forever to one of my favorite treats- Reese's peanut butter cups. That was until I was realized that I could make homemade ones with dairy-free chocolate and SunButter and it would change my life FOREVER.
Ya'll are gonna love these!!! Delicious, easy to make, and you can store them in your freezer for weeks and pull one out whenever that chocolate craving strikes!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 C (or a little less) of dairy-free chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life brand!)
- Coconut Oil
- Heaping 1/3 C SunButter
- 1/2-1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Chocolate molds (Under my "favorites" section, I've posted a link of one if you need to purchase)
- In a pyrex dish, heat up chocolate chips and 3 tsp coconut oil in a pot of water over the stove on medium to medium high heat (I've attached a picture above of what it looks like). Stir frequently to make sure you don't burn the chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, pour into chocolate molds 1/2 way up.
- In a microwave safe dish, mix SunButter, powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp coconut oil and heat for 15 second increments stirring in-between until SunButter is melted.
- Pour sunbutter mixture on top of chocolate in molds.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate using a spoon over all of your SunButter cups.
- Freeze for around 45 minutes and done!
To avoid breaking a tooth, make sure you let your sunbutter cup thaw for a few minutes before eating :) Enjoy!